Synergistic Combination of Bioactive Glass and Demineralized Bone Matrix.
BioV® Bioactive Matrix is a novel bone graft substitute expressly designed to optimize surgical handling, graft stability and osteoproductivity.
Bioactive Glass is an osteoconductive and osteopromotive material that guides new bone formation.
- Forms an exceedingly strong interfacial bond between the graft and adjacent bony tissue within minutes1
- Triggers the mechanisms that cause differentiation and proliferation of osteoblasts2
- Boosts the activity of critical growth factors needed for bone formation3
- Accelerates the process of osteogenesis4
- Additionally, in vitro studies demonstrate that ionic release (Ca++) and local pH changes inherent to bioactive glass create an unfavorable environment for growth of certain microbes5. Bioactive Glass characteristics are based on in vivo and animal data
Demineralized allograft bone
Demineralized allograft bone is an osteoconductive scaffold with osteoinductive potential to facilitate new bone formation
- Each lot of DBM is evaluated for osteoinductive (OI) potential using an in vivo athymic rat model
- Processed to achieve a sterility assurance level (SAL) of 10-6
- Surface roughness of DBM particles allow for the migration and proliferation of osteogenic cells7
- Demineralization process exposes natural morphogenic proteins in the bone matrix, making them available for osteogenesis8
A novel and patented process that integrates the osteoinductive and osteoconductive elements of the product
- Rapidly reconstitutes and is easily prepared
- Product is moldable, extrudable and can be packed into osseous defects
- Resists migration during irrigation, allowing the active components to stay in place
1. Fill the transfer syringe with sterile fluid.
2. Attach the transfer syringe to the female luer port on the product syringe and hold the assembly vertically with the product syringe on top. Inject the sterile fluid into the product syringe.
3. Once the fluid is transferred, compress the plunger of the product syringe until all of the air is removed and the powder is wetted. Wait 2 minutes for the fluid to be completely absorbed into the powder.
4. Remove the fluid transfer syringe and the valve from the product syringe.
5. Extrude the product directly into bony voids or gaps, or into moist gloves.
6. Mold and handle putty as desired. Bio V Bioactive Matrix handles best when used within 12 minutes of reconstitution.